Please download the zip file below to access Center for Political Accountability’s research on contributions to and spending by 527 political committees over the past decade. CPA's research focused on six state-focused political committees, several of which reshaped state and national politics and policy. The associations are the Democratic and Republican Governors Associations (DGA and RGA), the Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC), the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC), and the Democratic and Republican Attorneys General Associations (DAGA and RAGA).
- A table of contents explaining the contents of the zip file and including clickable links to the research materials.
- A description of the methodology of CPA’s research on 527s.
- A background memo on public companies and trade associations as the dominant funders of the six 527s over the past decade.
- Pie charts on contributions to the 527s over the 2010 to 2018 election cycles.
- Flow charts showing the consequences flowing from company contributions. Two charts cover gerrymandering and abortion.